What we are doing NOW (INSPIRED BY DEREK SIVERS)
A lot of the work we do is driven by a simple purpose: to inspire people and companies to make the world of work a respectful, humane and kind place that rewards people with more than money.
PROGRESS REPORT (INSPIRED BY SETH GODIN)
Is it possible to sustain a life worth living doing all the things we do?
What do we really want to do?
THE RISKY, GENEROUS ACTS
Finding the right tribe (looking forward to be found as well!)
Taking tentative steps towards more performance.
Being less anxious, more caring and mindful.
Spending more time with family and friends (actually pretty good with that latelely)
Hosting meaningful events (THANK YOU FIT4FUN)
Bringing lovely, interesting people together.
READING THESE BOOKS
- Managing for Happiness - Games, Tools and Practices to Motivate any Team - by Jurgen Appelo
- Stuffocation, Living More With Less, by James Wallmann
- Tribes, by Seth Godin
- The Edge of the World - How the North Sea made us who we are, by Michae Pye
- The 4-Hour Work Week, by Tim Ferriss, always worth re-reading
- Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
LISTENING TO THESE PODCASTS
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- Seth Godin's Start Up Show
- The James Altucher Show
- Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
- This American Life
LOVE TO HEAR THAT SOUND
Bob Dylan (Shadows in the Night)
DOING THESE THINGS
Trying to live as simple.
Practicing poeverty (á la Tim Ferriss)
Avoiding plastic bags (thank you politics!)
Mindful digital detox.
“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” - Muhammad Ali
last update August, 2016